I am putting away those white stained pants actually I am throwing those out. Who wants to wear white stained pants?
My definition of summer is OVER! Kids are back to school, shouldn’t wear white anymore and my 40th birthday is less than a month and a half away, well it is October 29th to be exact.
Last year my husband and I was sitting at Cin Cin Wine Bar drinking wine and having dessert. Topic turned to someone’s age. I said, “Oh yeah I think he’s older.” Hubby said “What is older?” Automatically I responded, “Oh you know 40ish.” Uggghhh… Yeah hubby is older and my definition of older is 40. eeek.
Awe, the lovely 40. Friends who have been there and done that mentioned turning 40 was the best thing that happened to them. My female friends mentioned the little things that bothered them are not an issue anymore. Also, they said be careful and mindful of your weight. It creeps up on you and does not want to leave. Is that what happened to me this year? Yikes.. I gained 20 lbs since January. GR**de##! Some say it’s not about losing weight it’s all about being healthy. Whose philosophy is that? Okay I am not going to starve myself but would love to see my numbers go down and clothes fit. Oh yeah, drink more water instead of more coffee.
Instead of recapping everything that I checked off my bucket list here are 6 things I look forward to having fun with the rest of the year.
- Fashion – I love fashion. Fashion week is happening real soon.. real soon. I consider my style a bit of edgy and funk. If you are thinking compare it to mainstream Euro Chic. I am not sure if I told you but I love hosting seasonal clothing swaps. My most recent find is this fringed bag. I am a huge fan of author Jennifer L. Scott. You might not know her by name but her book is “Madame Chic”. I bought the book two years ago at Anthropologie and read it in one sitting. Next I want to apply her 10 item wardrobe.
- Getting Fit- Wow, I use to spend hours at the gym every week working out. Hours I mean four hours a week. Now, I hit they gym on occasion. Maybe when the girls are hollerin’ “Momma I want a playdate.” We will hit the local YMCA and everyone is happy. Again, did I mention I work out? hahahah. Now, I actually need to get back to working out. They have a great class called Body Pump. Body Pump is all about using weights BARBELLs not these baby guys.TRX is another great one too. My goal is to set my alarm for 5:00 AM, have my gym clothes ready AND leave to get to the cycling class. Oh, I have also dreamed of hitting a crossfit gym in the area too. Okay, getting fit is also about a proper diet and I need to stop eating those yummy candy bars. You know those one’s that cost 35 cents in the day but now are at least a $1. I plan on trying out a few hip hop classes. I need some new moves for the dance floor. It is a great way to stay fit!
- Film Reviews- I love finding new films to watch and review. Last Spring, I reviewed some independent films and took me out of my comfort zone. Sometimes a friend suggests a film to watch and we will discuss it on our weekly walks. There are some great film festivals in the San Francisco Bay Area. I will be attending the Mill Valley Film Festival and will report back. Variety Magazine reported that this festival brings out the big names. If you recall Glenn Close’s film “Albert Nobbs” was debuted here.
- Kids- We are having so much with Stars Agency. Since May the girls have been signed with them. Over the summer they had an average of one audition per month. Last week at our audition I heard that was good for the summer. One gal mentioned that everyone is on hiatus from May-August. Oh boy, I think we are going to have tons of fun. However, it is not all about fun and games with the kids. It’s about getting messy and really getting this parenting thing down. My girls love to help in the kitchen. They are very proud when they get to do that. Me on the other hand, I need to take a breath and let them enjoy the process. Oh, and parenting skills. Once you think, I got it! The girls hit another stage in life and I need to add to my tool box of parenting skills.
- German Lessons- Summer is over and Saturday’s at German school are back in session this week. I will continue my German class and learn more about what’s happening in Deutschland from cooking to lessons in welcoming refugees. Why German? I might have mentioned it before but my in-laws live in Germany and my father in law does not speak English.
- Motorcycles- I finished my motorcycle class! I can’t believe I passed the class. The instructors are very SERIOUS about the class. You want to give them your utmost respect and not be buddy buddy with them. If you are late to the class you are kicked out, if you don’t follow directions you will not pass. Prior to signing up for a motorcycle class look at the yelp reviews. One reason is motorcycle riding is very serious and you need to be RESPONSIBLE. Now what??? Adventures in finding and riding a bike.
Anyone else turning 40? Would love to hear about it! Of course some of you have already been there and done that.